Support the future of Kate Duncan Smith DAR School by including us in your long-term estate and financial plans. A planned gift can provide significant benefits to the donor and ensures KDS will continue to provide opportunities for educational and personal growth for students, while emphasizing patriotism, responsible citizenship, and the historical legacy of the school.
Simply put, a planned gift is a contribution that is arranged in the present and allocated at a future date. There are a number of Planned Giving Options available. These options can be executed during a donor’s life or through their estate plans.
- Make a recurring gift to KDS through a payroll deduction or automatic bank draft
- Make a gift of appreciated stock to KDS
- Make a gift of real estate to KDS
- Designate KDS to receive a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Leave KDS a bequest of a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate
- Name KDS as the remainder beneficiary of your estate
- Name KDS as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or Individual Retirement Account
To learn about the possible tax benefits of making a planned gift, contact your financial advisor or attorney. Download sample bequest language here.
Your legacy gift also qualifies you for membership in the KDS Legacy Giving Society, a recognition club established to honor those individuals who choose to support the school through an estate gift.
For more information about the KDS Legacy Giving Society and how your planned gift can leave a lasting legacy for KDS DAR School and its students, contact Executive Director Heather Green at email@example.com or 256-728-4236.