Ways to Support KDS DAR School
During this unprecedented time, Kate Duncan Smith DAR School and its students are more thankful for your support than ever. Because of your continued generosity, KDS has the ability to provide children with opportunities for educational and personal growth while emphasizing patriotism and responsible citizenship.
As we move forward and face this uncertainty head-on, please consider how your continued love and support might be a blessing during this difficult time.
- Pray for the children, their families, and the faculty and staff members at KDS DAR School.
- Keep Up with campus happenings by visiting the KDS DAR School website at www.kdsdar.org and follow us on Facebook at Kate Duncan Smith DAR School.
- Support student needs by purchasing items from our Amazon Wish Lists.
Patriot Pantry Amazon Wish List http://a.co/680Aw4M
School Supplies Amazon Wish List http://a.co/38TOc00
- Donate to the Steadfast, Loyal, Ever True Annual Fund Campaign
This unrestricted fund addresses the school’s areas of greatest current need such as disinfectant sprayers, cleaning supplies, WiFi hotspots for children without internet access in the home, etc.. The Annual Fund also covers expenses for projects and programs when adequate restricted funds haven’t been donated.
- Donate to the Blessings Bags program
This valuable program provides supplies for children who have limited access to food in their homes. With our school buildings being closed, children will not receive the healthy breakfasts and lunches they rely on. Blessings Bags are filled with ready-to-eat and/or easy-to-prepare foods and are distributed weekly by school staff members at a local church.
- Donate to the Children’s Fund
Many of the children who attend KDS do not have the basic items so many of us take for granted. A contribution to the Children’s Fund provides for the students’ personal items like clothing and for healthcare needs such as dental visits and eye glasses.
- Donate to the KDS Scholarship Fund
KDS Scholarships and renewals are awarded based on available funds, primarily from income generated by investments. With the volatile state of the stock market, donations are needed to ensure all graduates have the opportunity and the means to further their education beyond high school.
- Consider helping out with a special need such as paying graduation fees for a senior, purchasing a yearbook for a senior, or covering the cost of a Chromebook for a child.