Mission & Beliefs
The mission of Kate Duncan Smith DAR School, Inc. is to provide opportunities for educational and personal growth for students, while emphasizing patriotism, responsible citizenship, and the historical legacy of the school.
- We believe the privilege of a sound education is a heritage, which should be enjoyed by all citizens of our country.
- We believe the school environment should be disciplined with emphasis on positive attitudes, academic excellence, and patriotism.
- We believe the historical legacy of the school should be preserved and promoted.
- We believe it is vitally important to maintain the vision of our founders, the Alabama Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, that “children be trained in the knowledge and practice of pure and noble citizenship.”
- We believe it is essential to collaborate with the Marshall County Board of Education, the Alabama State Department of Education, the Marshall County Commission, and the citizens of Gunter Mountain to provide quality educational instruction within a safe learning environment.
- We believe it is our responsibility to enhance educational opportunities and provide resources for the personal growth and well-being of students.
- We believe in preserving the historical buildings on campus.
- We believe in maintaining campus facilities while planning for future growth.
- We believe fostering relationships with stakeholders is vital to the mission of Kate Duncan Smith DAR School.
- We believe, as did our founders, in maintaining the “same spirit of dedication to achievement, patriotic and moral values, and service to community and country… on the campus today as it did in the early years of this unique educational experiment of the Daughters of the American Revolution.”